Friday, December 23, 2011

A Thingama WHAT ?

Stepping into the frigid water, I became alive with a rush of adrenaline as the coldness crept its way up my spine. As I zipped  my jacket up around my neck to keep what heat I had in from escaping, I watched as my glasses fogged up with every breath I took. Had to pull the buff down from my face so the next step taken wasn't into a deep hole or onto one of the slippery rocks hidden below the waters surface.
As the cast landed upstream I couldn't help but think of days ago as I sat watching the cork bobber in anticipation of a fish, now I was watching a thingamabobber as it danced through the current pulling along an egg with a San Juan worm tied to it followed by a midge. Wait!!!!!! was I trout fishing?, yes I was. It seems that this is a great way to catch trout that are hanging out in some deeper water as they face upstream waiting for a free meal to pass by. Does it work, why yes it does. As darkness started to fall I could see a few fish coming to the surface to partake in some of the insects dancing across the surface so I tied on an Emerger and was soon hooking up with a few nice bows. Did learn that the tippet needs to be a little stronger so I can land a few of the bigger fish, atleast to get my flies back.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and be safe during the Holidays............


No comments:

Post a Comment