Monday, July 25, 2011

Going to build a Fly Rod

Since starting fly fishing my first purchase was a new TFO BVK series rod in a 7wt. In a week a new Sage Flight rod in 5wt and a Redington reel will be joining the lineup. I have a new 3/4 wt BVK reel from TFO that I purchased when the first rod was ordered in hopes of one day building myself a fly rod. Today while ordering some blanks for a couple of rod orders, a TFO Professional Series 9' 4wt blank made it into my shopping cart as well as a triangle reel seat that is going to look so good on this rod. It should arrive at my house on Wednesday and hope to get started on it this weekend.I will take pictures during the build and post up when completed.
Here are a few pictures of my work.....

Stay safe on the water,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment