Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Fly Rod build has begun

Arrived home tonight to find a package inside the garage that was full of blanks and new components for some rods that are to be built. What I have been waiting on was included in this package.
The blank is a TFO 9' 4wt, reel seat is a triangular seat made by American Tackle, guides are stainless steel, chrome plated manufactured by Pac-Bay.
The cork are all 1/2 inch rounds in different colors and will be glued together then placed on a lathe and shaped to fit. After shaping it will be bored out to fit the blank.
The Rattlesnake skin, well let's just say that I like the way it looks on the bass rods that I build and will look for a spot to utilize on this fly rod if I can.
I hope you will follow the progress as it is built and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to keep updated. Another great reason to follow is I will be starting a blog giveaway for the subscribers with one of the prizes being a day trip fishing the Guad with me.

Send some rain this way,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment