Tuesday, September 27, 2011

K2-Cooler (Trip Review)

Was able to take the new Cube 30 by K2-Coolers out for a good test over the weekend. Thirteen of us headed out early Saturday morning for a kayak trip down the Colorado River outside of Austin, TX. Stopped to fill up the truck at 5am and purchased a 10lb bag of ice. Added the ice to the cooler which contained sixteen 12oz cans, four 20oz bottles of water, two 32 oz bottles of GatorAde and misc food for the trip. The temperatures hovered close to 100 degrees both days with nightime temperatures in the 70's. The K2 was in the sun in the back of my Coosa both days as well as in the back of my truck to and from the river. When we pulled out of the water at 4pm Sunday, people were thirsty and most were out of water by then. I graciously offered water from my cooler and as each took a drink out of the K2 they were impressed with how cold the drinks were and liked the fact that I still had ice after two grueling days out in the heat.
Since I do a lot of river trips where i'm on the water for two to three days, it is crucial to have ice to keep drinks cold and food from spoiling. And at $149.00 it's a good investment for these trips because I can't tell you how many times i've been on the river in the brutal heat of the summer and been left without ice after one day.
Thanks K2 for making a good product.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it worked out for ya! I am on pro staff for K2 so if you ever need anything let me know!! Enjoy :)

    http://huntlikeagirl2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete